Now it's fair to say that
There is a group of 7
friends sitting at a table with a big cake they are about to share. Obama's
grand plan was to invite 4 other friends around to share the cake while at the
same time promising that the 7 people's share of the cake wouldn't be any
smaller. Obama carried on maintaining that the
- It repeals all the ACA mandates and replaces current tax and spending subsidies with a universal tax credit that varies by age and geography, but is the same regardless of income.
- It ensures that the health care safety net will always be adequately funded, regardless of the number of people with private insurance.
- It allows Medicaid to compete with private insurance, since the size of the tax credit for private insurance is roughly equal to the federal contribution to a well-managed Medicaid plan.
- It allows employers to buy individually-owned insurance for their employees — insurance which they can take with them from job to job.
- It replaces all tax-favored medical accounts with a Roth Health Savings Account.
- It gives employers and employees new tools to control costs, allowing them to convert insurance benefits of marginal value, dollar-for-dollar, into take-home pay.
- It denationalizes and deregulates the exchanges and subjects competing health plans to a type of “free market risk adjustment.”